Tuesday, June 5, 2012

In Jeep-ish Apology to Anna, My Firstborn.

Rosie takes her brother for a very happy wide eyed spin in her birthday jeep.

Dear Anna,

I am so sorry that I did not allow you to have the Barbie Jammin' Jeep that you so deeply coveted from the years 1993 to 1997 when you finally (hopefully!) outgrew your longing for the fabulous pink jeep. I can't remember all of the reasons why I didn't allow you to enter into Jammin' Jeep ownership, but I have a vague memory of believing that a pink jeep would spoil you rotten forever and render you unable to walk on your own two little feet.

How silly of me.

I now wish that I would have worried less about your moral character being damaged by the Barbie Jammin' Jeep and lightened up already. I regret not buying you that Barbie jeep when you were four.

Mom fail.

I only hope that now that you are pushing 21 you will be mature enough to not let jeepy jealousy get in the way and be happy for your littlest sister as she enjoys her birthday wheels. Remember also, that there are certain advantages in being the firstborn, they're just not as obvious and fun as being the sixth born.

Lots of Love,
Mom

Our Rose in the full throws of a barbie jeep induced giggle fit. 
Jamie, who so often rides shotgun,
 thought that she needed her own license, and so created an official one just for her.
Rosie is one of the few driving women who has a cute photo on her license.

No comments:

Post a Comment