Thursday, March 21, 2013

Lil' Beyonce and The Bloggess

Two years ago, my dear husband gave me this awesome, mid size metal chicken for my birthday.
His name is Lil' Beyonce and he is not so loosely based on the GIANT metal chicken named Beyonce, made famous by Jenny Lawson, aka The Bloggess.
 Here is the hysterically funny, big metal chicken post that inspired my birthday gift... in case you missed it a couple of summers ago.
Last night I was able to meet The Bloggess, as she came to town on book tour...I took my little Knock Knock sign from Lil' Beyonce for her to autograph.
(but then forgot to ask during the pressure and excitement of the book signing line..argh!)
But I did get a photo of us, which was pretty exciting for a book nerd like me.

For the record, Jenny Lawson was hilarious, humble and swore a lot...I loved her so very much.  
And then I bought another copy of Lets Pretend This Never Happened
that I could pass along and share. Because while I don't want to give up my very own signed hardback copy, I really must share the wit and wisdom of one of my favorites.
Here it is. 
 So Cincinnati folks, this brand new copy is waiting for you in the Big Pig Little Free Library on the  corner of Burch and Observatory...first come, first serve...Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh snap! How did I not know she was coming to town?!?>!?! I love her! Must get the book!

    ReplyDelete