Thursday, June 4, 2009

Jumping Up and Down in my Brain


"They kept calling other kids names, and I knew I didn't get one, and then they said Lily G. and I was amazed and I started jumping up and down and screaming- but only in my brain, not for real- and then I went up and shook hands with my science teacher and everyone was clapping and it was very good and I couldn't believe it. For the rest of the day I tried to forget that I got it so that when I remembered that it was true I could be happy about it all over again."

That's how Lily described winning a science award at school.I imagine it was a real "come on down!" Price is Right moment going on in Lily's brain, but her outer self was cool and composed.She won a certificate and a medal. The certificate was promptly scotch taped to her bedroom wall under another piece of paper that says "awards."The medal she wore for the rest of the day taking it off only to sleep. Because really,a second grade science medal is pretty cool bling.

No comments:

Post a Comment