Monday, November 18, 2013

The Ancient Egyptian Men in My Life.

I have discovered that the men in my family have skills...specifically, some very excellent ancient pharaoh skills. Who knew they secretly harbored such Egyptian talent?
I wasn't really sure what to expect when Karl and Jamie headed into the basement last week to build a sarcophagus for a school project. And this morning, this shiny golden creation emerged from the basement a needed a ride to school.
(funeral tombs are not welcomed on the school bus, no matter how royal the Egyptian status)
Jamie was very pleased and proud of his project which makes me think that I had better find a place in the house to store and protect his homemade sarcophagus for a very long time.
It also makes me think that I am a very fortunate to be married to a fellow who understands when a project is of great importance to a certain 5th grader, and then take the time and energy to help create something really beautiful.
ps. Did you know that the plural form of sarcophagus is sarcophagi? I did not.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment